Monday, September 19, 2011

Baptism Keepsake

Even though I had already made Kenzington a special flower headband to wear on her baptism day, I really wanted to make her a gift to commemorate this very special occasion. After all, she is my son's best friend, so big events in her life deserve a bit of extra effort.

I decided that something simple and elegant that could be hung on the wall was exactly what the occasion called for, so I designed this:


It is made from felt and each element is hand stitched with white thread. The pattern for the cross can be found here and the pattern for the letters and numbers can be found here.

The gift was a big hit with the sweet girl and her parents! Here's Kenzington checking it out. Can't you tell she loves it already?


If you are planning to make a Baptism Keepsake like this I would suggest buying the frame first. I bought a frame intended to hold three 4x6 photos and removed the mat. I then used the paper inside the frame as a pattern for cutting the background felt. That way, you can ensure that your felt keepsake will fit perfectly in your frame. This also saves money as you can grab a pre-made frame on sale rather than having to have your creation custom framed. Kohls is always a great place to check for this. They often have very nice frames for deeply discounted prices.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment